about     shop     contact         

Monday, July 7, 2014

What to Wear to Work | Knit Sweater + Navy J.Crew Pants

SWEATER+6
SWEATER_1
SWEATER_4
SWEATER_3

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! For the 4th of July we went to DUMBO, Brooklyn to watch the firework over the Brooklyn Bridge and on Sunday we went to Ocean Bay Beach on Fire Island to soak up the sun. It's always hard to say goodbye to a beautiful summer weekend and get ready for the work week. I will say that I have some exciting things happening at work, so this morning I was ready for the alarm clock. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have more good news to share in my professional life.

One thing I'd like to share with my daily readers is that Corporate Catwalk blog posts will move to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. As things start to change in my professional and personal life, I'm finding it difficult to balance everything I want to do in life. Matt and I have decided to try and learn Spanish and start to volunteer in NYC on a regular basis. We're also going to be redecorating the ENTIRE apartment and explore all over the Northeast. It's going to be a fun summer! I continue to post daily on Instagram.

As for today's outfit, it's been one of my "go to" outfits for the workplace. The Ann Taylor knit sweater and J.Crew pants look professional for the workplace, but you can also be worn with a pair of white shorts and nude sandals for the perfect summer outfit. For those women on the lookout for summer sandals, check out Piperlime. They have a great sale going on, and most of their sandals are on super sale. These Joie sandals are one of the things I bought over the weekend.


Other professional women might be able to sympathize with me, but this year I'm finding it more difficult to figure out what to wear to work, especially on hot and humid days. It's sweltering hot outside, and then the office is below zero. I think I'm going to go back to wearing dresses, cardigans and pumps to the office. Speaking of pumps, I've had a crush on these DvF Bethany pumps for a few weeks. The nude heels are perfect for the workplace. Now I gotta find them in my size. The search begins...

J.Crew Pants
Ann Taylor Top
Banana Republic Heels (similar Kate Spade heels)
Karen Walker Sunnies
Coach Bag

Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia