about     shop     contact         

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Classic Work Outfit

WHITE_8
WHITE_1
WHITE_9
WHITE_10
WHITE_7
WHITE_6
WHITE_2

When I think of a classic work outfit, this is the look that comes to mind. I love perfectly tailored pants and a crisp button-down shirt. This look is effortless, but is polished for any meeting during your 9 to 5.

When it comes to work pants, I don't own several pairs.  Instead, I own fewer pairs that are tailored for my waist and height. It's good to have basic colors; black, cream, grey and a few patterned trousers in your wardrobe. Other than that, spend your money on tops and blazers.

To help with the longevity of your trousers, take them to the cleaners every 3-4 weeks. I typically wear my pants 4-5 wears times before taking them to be professionally cleaned. As soon as I get home from work, I hang my pants on a hanging rack in my closet and steam them before wearing again.

Shirt - Ann Taylor 
Pants - Reiss sold out (similar here)
Shoes - Zara (similar save, save & splurge)
Lipstick - Ruby Woo by MAC
Watch - Nixon $95 





Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia