about     shop     contact         

Thursday, January 14, 2016

What to Wear to Work | Fit & Flare Dress

CUPCAKE_8

Hope everyone is having a good start to the New Year!

January is the end of my company's fiscal year, so I'm spending a lot more time at the office to close out a successful FY16.  I'm doing my best to post as much as possible, but the next few weeks you might see less activity on social media. I'll be more active in February!

Moving on to today's outfit, I wanted to share a "cold weather" look for the office. When it's cold outside, I struggle to find something to wear to the office. There are a few tips for us corporate girls to look our best, while staying warm during the winter. The one obvious tip is to stock up on tights. I've purchased a few pair from WHBM, but my favorite tights are from Wolford. They're an investment,  but they're worth every penny. I've had this pair for over 3 years and they're still in excellent condition (also worn here). No snags from my nails and they also keep my legs warm.

The other tip is to try out a wide leg trouser with your favorite pair of work boots. Instead of wearing slim fit pants with heels (like I wore here), the wider leg pant will keep any part of your leg/foot from being exposed to cold temperatures.

Here are a few options for tights and wide leg trousers:




CUPCAKE_4

Another tip is to have a few key blouses for layering. For example, this Kate Spade blouse can be worn with any color blazer, under lightweight sweaters and v-neck dresses. What's great about this blouse is that it can be worn with or without the bow. Sometimes a big white bow isn't appropriate for customer meetings. 

Here are a few more of my favorite white/cream blouses:




CUPCAKE_3
CUPCAKE_7
CUPCAKE_2
CUPCAKE_5
CUPCAKE_6

A special thank you to my mom who gave me this beautiful dress for Christmas. She's always been my style icon and continue to inspire me everyday.
Dress - BarIII comes in several colors, I'm wearing a Small
Top - Kate Spade
Heels - Manolo Blanik (love these by Ivanka Trump)
Bag - Chloe 



Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia