about     shop     contact         

Monday, January 6, 2014

How to Wear a Leather Peplum to Work

Good morning! On this foggy and dreary New York morning, I find myself at the gym and writing today's blog post. I think I can get used to this early morning schedule! Although I must admit rolling out of bed this morning was quite painful.

Moving on to today's look...peplum tops have been under scrutiny the last six months in the fashion world, but I really think this top should be incorporated into our full time wardrobe. Why does this have to be a trend? Can't we consider the peplum top a staple in our closets? Am I completely out of line with this thought process or are "we" over the peplum top? Well, if you're not over the feminine top here's a great look to wear a {faux} leather peplum to the office.

The cardigan is a good addition to the {faux} leather top to the office. It takes the edge off the material. However, I really think this outfit is office appropriate because of the peplum style. The peplum is a little less edgy than your tradition {faux} leather pieces. I finished off the look off with winter white panel pants and suede round toe heels.

If you have a {faux} leather peplum that you've been wanting to wear outside of the office, check out this chic outfit worn by Olivia Palermo.
Top :: Piperlime on super sale!
Cardigan :: TJ. Maxx old (similar here
Pants :: Joe Fresh
Heels :: Kurt Geiger (similar here)
Bag :: TJ Maxx old
Necklace :: J.Crew (similar here)
 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia