about     shop     contact         

Friday, October 17, 2014

Casual Outfit | Gray Coat + Striped Shirt

Grey Oversized Coat
Grey Oversized Coat
Grey Oversized Coat
Grey Oversized Coat
Grey Oversized Coat
Grey Oversized Coat

TJ Maxx Striped Shirt (similar at J.Crew)
Fendi Handbag
Prada Sunglasses

When I first started blogging, Nicolette Mason was one of the first bloggers I would follow and read her blog daily. I love her style and her voice as a woman. A smart, ambitious, beautiful and outspoken woman. A few days ago, she reposted a video from BuzzFeed. The caption read, "If People Were Honest About Women's Bodies". Being a feminist, yes I said it. I know that word offends people. Instead, it should really empower women. I digress. 

After watching the video, I could relate with so many "comments" made by each man and woman. But two stood out to me. The fourth woman, who says, "Literally everything that I don't like about the way you look is a projection about what I don't like about myself". Note to self, people project. Also the second to last woman, she says while looking in the mirror, "I've been conditioned to be critical of myself and to use self deprecation as a coverup so people don't think I'm conceded. But the truth is, I look amazing." Thank heavens! Someone finally said it. Ladies and gentlemen, don't be critical. You look amazing. Seriously, you do. The next time someone gives you a compliment, keep your head high and say thank you! 

Have a good weekend and don't be so hard on yourself. You look great! 

Photos by Lydia Hudgens


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia