about     shop     contact         

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Winter Ball with Rent the Runway

WHITE_8
Last week, one of my dearest friends, Courtney who writes Color Me Courtney invited me as her +1 to the The Winter Ball at the Lincoln Center. Once a year, The School of American Ballet hosts a black-tie ball and features the top performing students in a special choreographers performance for the event. It was spectacular!

Throughout the year, sponsors raised nearly 1.2 million dollars for the school and scholarships. All the proceeds go to enhance the dance program by enriching their training, teachers and maintaining the studios. Becoming a ballerina is an expensive and competitive dream, it was heartwarming to see so many people donate to help keep these dreams alive for these young dancers.

WHITE_6

WHITE_7

As a young girl, I never valued the beauty of dancing. In retrospect, I wish I would have applied myself more in dance lessons. My mom signed me up for two years of dance, but after hiding under my bed before every performance, she decided to take me out of dance and enroll me in softball (I was very shy and kind of a tomboy when I was younger). I will say, my last performance of "How Much is that Doggie in the Window" and "I'm a Little Teacup" was a huge hit! 

WHITE_2

What I loved most about attending the ball was finding the perfect dress from Rent the Runway. Earlier in the day I met Courtney at the Flatiron location and tried on several gorgeous gowns. David Sabater who is an Associate Stylist Managers at Rent the Runways, showed us several options. He picked different style dresses that I wouldn't have normally picked for myself. The Laundry by Shelli Segal gown was the last dress he pulled - and I'm thankful he did! It was stunning. The length fit me perfectly and I loved the vintage and elegant style of the dress. 

Courtney wore a beautiful dress by Christian Siriano dress. The fun and flirty dress was both fitting for Color Me Courtney and The Winter Ball. The asymmetrical hem was my favorite! 

WHITE_5
WHITE_4
WHITE_1

Laundry by Shelli Segal
Eddie Borgo Bracelet
J.Crew Earrings (similar here)
Zara Heels (similar here)
Bachelorette Lip Color by Kat Von D 
A big thank you to Courtney for inviting me to the Ball and crashing her Rent the Runway fitting. You're the best! 






Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia