about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What to Wear to Work | Classic Trench Coat

TRENCH_5

In the rainy spring months, you can typically spot me wearing a trench coat with an umbrella tucked away in my bag. For years, I've considered it a staple piece in my closet. It's a classic and never seems to go out of style. It also makes most outfits look polished and effortless (the same goes for my camel coat that I wore this past year). 

There are several ways to wear a trench (as seen in this post). I prefer wearing a trench with the belt tied in back. It gives the illusion of a smaller waist. When it comes to perception with my petite frame, I need all that I can get to make me look taller and slimmer. 

TRENCH_6

You might remember me in this Zara trench worn here and here (ps. the stripe dress is currently on sale!).  It's been a personal favorite for a few years, but it's starting to show a lot of wear and tear. The lining on the inside is starting to unravel and I don't like the thick material as much as the new styles that are available. A few weeks ago, I wore this LOFT trench with a black pencil skirt and stripe top. Another style tip, striped tops go with almost anything - skirts, denim, trousers and can also be worn to work or on the weekend. If you feel like you never have casual to wear this spring, consider a blouse like this for work and a top like this for the weekend. If you want to mix a trench and stripes, this one is also on  my "want" list. 

The most recent trench was purchased from Ann Taylor. It's currently 40% off the sale price and since I had been eyeing it for a few months, I thought it would be a great addition to my closet. I love the mocha color and the mid calf length of the coat. I'm wearing a petite size, which is another plus about buying from Ann Taylor.


TRENCH_8
TRENCH_4
TRENCH_1
TRENCH_2
TRENCH_3
TRENCH_7

Ann Taylor Dress fits true to size (similar here & here)
Ann Taylor Trench (similar here
Coat Satchel (old, worn here and similar here)
Aldo Pumps






Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia