about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spring Wardrobe Update | featuring thredUP

This year, like every other, I'm looking through my closet to find pieces to resell and donate. My style has changed a little from last year, so I'm looking forward to changing out a few pieces to refresh my wardrobe. One way to update your wardrobe, without a huge investment, is to buy from consignment stores - like thredUP

thredUP

thredUP is an online consignment store that offers women's and kid's high-quality fashion pieces. They have everything from J.Crew (my favorite), Joie, Madewell and Zara. They sell these pieces at 90% off the retail price! As the company continues to grow, they're adding new inventory on a daily basis. 

The concept is brilliant! When I first discovered the site, I had a "why didn't I think of that" moment. You're able to search through tons of merchandise by brand, size and color. They also make it easy to shop for special occasions. For example, if you're looking for a red cocktail dress, you're able to search according to your personal criteria. 

thredUP_3
2000-01-01 00.12.47-3

For women like me who are gentle on their clothing, thredUP also offers a Clean Out Bag to sell new and like-new clothing. Fill your bag with items you no longer want (consult their website to see what they do and do not take), and place it on your front door for pick-up. It's an easy way to clean out your closet with minimal effort. 

thredUP_4
thredUP_2

I picked up a few pieces from thredUP. Originally, I purchased a dress from the site, but I ordered the wrong size. The return was easy! I packed up the dress and returned it for store credit. With the credit I received this tuxedo shirt, blue suede heels, casual work pants, black cotton blouse and a black dress. The tuxedo top I'm wearing in today's post was something I wanted to purchase a few years ago, but never got my hands on the right size. It was a treat to receive this in the mail in the cute polkadot thredUP box. Each pieces was nicely folded, with the thredUP hand-attached tags and wrapped in tissue paper. As a customer, I enjoyed the experience of receiving the clothing wrapped up. It was like I just purchased them directly from the store! 

The thredUP team is also offering $15 off your first oder of $60 or more for Corporate Catwalk readers. Use code OLIVIA15 at checkout. Offer ends 4/10/2016. 

a little tidbit...for all the corporate women, consignment is an ideal place to buy new and like-new work pieces.

thredUP

J.Crew Top c/o thredUP
Zara Coat 
Joe's Denim

Big thank you to the thredUP team for sponsoring today's post! 



Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia